News & Events more news
Posted: May 17, 2018
MCD is seeking seasonal laborers
MCD is seeking seasonal laborers. Eligible candidates must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and be at least 18 years of age. Must be able to pass a drug screen and work within the hours of 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
• You may be required to operate a large-wheeled walk-behind-mower with a 30-inch mowing deck. The machine weighs approximately 250 pounds, has an 8-horsepower engine and a hand clutch that operates in a forward direction only. It will be necessary to operate this mower at times on steep hillsides.
• You may be required to operate a “weed eater” with either plastic knives or plastic string. Operation of this equipment will often be on slopes or areas where keeping your balance and footing may be difficult.
• You may be asked to operate a “farm tractor” and mower combination. The tractor will be in the 50- to 60-horsepower range. The tractor and mower are set up to operate on hillsides.
• You may be asked to use picks, shovels and other hand tools for removing deteriorated concrete. Occasionally, you may be forming and pouring concrete blocks, headwalls and curbs.
• You may be asked to help with work involving chain saws, hand tools, dump trucks, pressure washers, pumps, hoses, scrapers, brooms, blowers, painting, trash pickup and a number of other grounds maintenance procedures. The assignments may change during the season.
• Additional duties may be assigned or the duties listed above may change.
Individuals interested in this position should submit an application:
Miami Conservancy District (MCD)
Attn: Shannon Phelps
38 East Monument Avenue
Dayton, OH 45402
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
MCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer